FREE SPIRIT + MIDWEST ROOTS
Free Spirit / frē ˈspirit / someone who is guided by an inner knowing, regardless of societal norms, lives with an insatiable sense of authenticity and embraces each moment whole-heartedly.
Midwest Roots / oh ya you betchya / someone who has an appreciation for the simple things in life, remains down-to-earth and grounded.
PALM + PINE is a conscious community based in La Crosse, WI. We started with the belief that everyone has the power and wisdom within themselves to experience life with the utmost health, joy and resilience. Through yoga, meditation and self-care we can [re]learn how to live in a way that feeds our mind, body, heart, and soul. These practices are preventative medicine and living a wildly abundant life is a pro-active process.
At PALM + PINE our aim is to create a more conscious world, one choice at a time. We will continue to evolve and grow as we get to better understand what people want and need. We promise to be transparent and invite you to take part in this journey! So please email us or tag us on social media with what you want to see!
With love and gratitude,
PALM + PINE Team
Kat Soper is a yoga teacher, wellness coach, and lover of avocados, the outdoors, and live music. In her late teens she discovered she had an autoimmune disease which sparked a life-long curiosity about health and healing from the inside out. She’s originally a Minnesota girl whose lived in different cities in the Midwest and Southern California.
A bit more about Kat’s relevant education and 1,000 hrs of experience:
- Facilitator/Faculty for 230hr Yoga Teacher Training through the Yoga Center of Minneapolis
- Managed a prominent Yoga Six studio in San Diego for 2+ years as the company grew from a start-up to a national brand
- Completed 200 hr & Level 2 Teacher Training at CorePower Yoga
- Certified ACE Health Coach
- Completed the Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) course at the University of Minnesota
- Completed ‘Coaching & Mentoring’ as part of the Mindful Executive Program at UC San Diego
Student, teacher, and lover of movement are all roles Hannah synchronizes within her life with yoga. Growing up as an athlete in a health oriented home, the importance of physical activity and nourishing the body has always been instilled in her repertoire (thanks, mom and dad). When team sports stopped, Hannah’s yoga practice began. Until a few years ago, her practice bobbed in and out of life, until she noticed its persistent presence and its ability to nurture her needs wherever she was/is in life. With Hannah’s adventurous spirit in constant pursuit of growth, the mat is a sanctuary to tend to those desires. From this place of discovery she hopes to share yoga with you!
A bit more about Hannah’s relevant education and experience:
- Completed 200 hour yoga certification in 2017 with YogaFit
- Specialty trainings in: Yoga Nidra, yoga for PTSD, yoga for seniors and prenatal yoga
- Bachelor of Science in Community Health and Wellness Coaching
A recent transplant from the East Coast, Marah is a yoga teacher, personal trainer, college student and full time dog mom – a position she takes quite seriously so don’t be surprised if you see dog hair on her mat! Marah’s yoga journey began when she very overweight, had no experience with being active, and struggled with severe anxiety. After her first class, she went every day for a year. After a year of devoted practice, Marah knew she wanted to learn how to instruct knowing there were other people like her who could suffer less if they found their way to their mats.
A bit more about Marah’s relevant education and experience:
- Completed 200 hour yoga certification in 2014 at Zen Yoga
- Certified Personal Trainer
- Currently completing a Bachelors in Communications & Sports Management
Two mantras that guide Beth are “Do what you love, enjoy the journey” + “ Come back to breath.” Originally an Iowa girl who has become a world traveler, having lived all over the US as well Mexico and South America, Beth is a mama to three beautiful girls and student of yoga as a way of life. Ten years ago Beth joined a friend for a yoga class. Upon entering the cozy comforting room, she was intrigued. Ninety minutes later, she was hooked! Four years ago she joined an amazing group for a 40 day revolution to transformation. As her personal practice took on new life, Beth has embraced all areas of yoga, on and off the mat, all day everyday!
A bit more about Beth’s relevant education and experience:
- Completed 200 hour yoga certification in 2013 at Wild Abundant Life
- Currently completing 500 hour advanced yoga certification
Kate is an adventure seeker who is passionate about seeing others reach their full potential. Whether on the mat, or in a therapeutic setting, Kate loves helping cultivate growth and inner peace through mindfulness, meditation, breath and movement. Kate’s yoga journey began when she was experiencing some major health issues. Determined to get off medication, Kate started eating healthier and participating in hot yoga. She noticed improvements in her health almost immediately. After experiencing such amazing results, she knew she wanted to share this gift with others. When Kate is not on her mat, you will find her climbing rocks, kayaking, biking, or chilling with her puggle ‘Zeppelin.’
A bit more about Kate’s relevant education and experience:
- Completed 200 hour yoga certification in 2016 at Lotus Power Yoga in Fond Du Lac, WI
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
- Training in Mindfulness and yoga for PTSD and other mental health diagnoses
- Facilitated trauma-based group yoga therapy for sexual abuse survivors
Kristy is a mama, wife, Program Director at GROW La Crosse, and is a forever student in yoga, mindfulness and this crazy, awesome universe in which we live. Yoga found her in 2009 when she was conned into taking her first class, and it was love at first asana. Kristy noticed that not only was her body becoming stronger, her mind was calmer. She was kinder to herself and to others and, as a whole, relationships were becoming better. Yoga finds a way to work on all parts; mind, body and spirit. You take what works for you and leave the rest.
A bit more about Kristy’s relevant education and experience:
- Completed 200 hour yoga certification in 2012 at Empower Yoga in Appleton, WI
Certified Reiki Practitioner
- Completed Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) course
Sara Wooden is a yoga teacher, wellness coach, and mother of two littles. She has been practicing yoga for over 18 years. Sara first came to yoga for stress reduction, breathing techniques, and body awareness. After being involved in a car accident which resulted in a neck injury, she used modified yoga practices as a way to accept her limitations. These helped her to develop a practice focused on strengthening, stretching, healing, and growing. Seeing the power of yoga to heal has inspired Sara to make yoga accessible for individuals of all ability levels.
A bit more about Sara’s relevant education and teaching experience over the past 11 years:
- Taught Hatha, Alignment, Vinyasa, Power Yoga, PiYo, Adaptive Yoga, Chair Yoga, Prenatal and Postnatal, Mommy and Me Yoga, Pranayama and Meditation
- AAAI/ISMA Level I and II Yoga Teacher Certifications
- 230 hour Yoga Teacher Training Certification from Alignment Yoga of Madison, WI
- Adapting Yoga for disability level I and II from MindBody Solutions in Minnetonka, MN
- Foundations in Craniosacral Therapy with Dr. Kathy Holway in Madison, WI
- Additional training and experience in Pilates and Pi YO (Pilates/Yoga fusion)
- Served as faculty for a 230 hr Yoga Teacher Training through Yoga Center of Minneapolis
Tracey is a helper by nature and uses her gifts at her job as a psychotherapist and yoga instructor. She has experienced and observed the gifts that yoga and mindfulness bring and feels a desire to share what she has learned. When not indulging in her favorite past time of traveling the globe with her husband, she resides in Minneapolis.
A bit more about Tracey’s education and experience:
- Certified as an Ayurvedic Yoga Specialist through Himalayan Institute
- Completed 200 hour yoga certification at Corepower Yoga in St. Paul, MN
- Specialized training in Yoga Calm- Yoga for kids
- Training in mindfulness and meditation for anxiety and depression
- Completed 500 hour yoga certification at Yoga North International SomaYoga Institute
- Completed training in Level 1 SomaYoga Therapy at Yoga North ISYI
- Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC)
Yoga + Self-Care
Why work with PALM + PINE?
Whether it’s adopting a holistic approach to your self-care or private yoga, real growth and lasting change takes times. It take practice and consistency. During this process, we support you personally with accountability and encouragement. Rather than looking around the yoga studio trying to guess what do or grazing the ‘personal growth’ section of the bookstore, we are here to empower you with the information and tools that work for you. Our goal is to have you move forward each session and within a reasonable amount of time, move on with the confidence to make shifts happen on your own. Whether it be self-care coaching or private yoga, our intention is to set you up so you eventually don’t need to work with us because you’ve learned how to trust your inner wisdom, move your body intelligently, and ride the waves of life with greater ease!
These are the people who have put in the work. These are the ones who give meaning to the term ‘badassery’ and show us what it takes to create lasting health and happiness. These are the human-beings who inspire us with their commitment to making conscious choices and self-care. These are the change-makers [and we love them]!
Lilli [social justice activist, friend, old soul]
“Working with Kat was such a great experience. Her coaching inspired body positivity, healthy living, and mindfulness. I appreciate all that Kat has done for me and continue to instill her guidance into my everyday life.”
Annie [driven, energetic, explorer]
“Kat has made such a profound impact on who I am and who I want to become. In addition to being one of my closest friends, Kat gave me a stronger sense of the importance of yoga in one’s life and that it is not merely a workout but a way of life. She continues to be a positive force in my life and brings out the best in anyone she comes into contact with.”
Nicole [mama, yogini, sunshine]
“My partnership with Kat was one of the most important ones I have experienced in my life. She continues to help me to believe in myself and bring out the leader in me.”
Madison [caring, adventurous, boss-lady]
“Kat has shown me what it means to be a strong and powerful woman in the business world while being kind and caring to others. Her guidance has helped me make critical life decisions that have ultimately led me to the amazing career I have today. I know I can go to her for advice, a witty comment, or deeply profound quote that helps me conqueror any situation!”