FREE SPIRIT + MIDWEST ROOTS
At PALM + PINE, we are yoga enthusiasts! Why? Because yoga is AMAZING! It’s a holistic practice that explores all aspects of who you are and therefore can positively impact all aspects of your life. In short, yoga accelerates your growth!
Our aim is to create accessible experiences that strengthen your connection to yourself and the world around you, movement that emphasizes how good your body was designed to feel, invitations for personal inquiry and encouragement to awaken your best self!
Why PALM + PINE? We focus on creating an inclusive environment of discovery that emphasizes quality; in the small(ish) size of our classes (more personable learning), in the intentional variety we offer (each teacher and class has a unique flavor), in how we teach (options for every body so you can practice for a lifetime vs. a season) and in the trainings and experiences we offer that explore how to deepen your yoga practice, on and off the mat.
We will continue to evolve and grow as we get to better understand what people need. We promise to be transparent and invite you to take part in this journey! So please email us or tag us on social media with what you want to see!
With love and gratitude,
PALM + PINE Team
Kat, E-RYT 200, RYT 500, is a yoga student who teaches, and loves avocados, the outdoors, and live music. In her late teens she discovered she had an autoimmune disease which sparked a life-long curiosity about health and healing from the inside out. She’s originally a Minnesota girl whose lived in different cities in the Midwest and Southern California.
More about Kat’s education and experience:
- Founder of PALM + PINE
- Lead Faculty for PALM + PINE 230hr Yoga Study & Teacher Training
- 200 hour Yoga Teacher Certification from CorePower Yoga
- Level 2 Teacher Certification from CorePower Yoga
- 500 hour Yoga Teacher Training at Devanadi Yoga School
- Certified ACE Health Coach
- Facilitator/Faculty for Yoga Center of Minneapolis’s YTT offsite in LaCrosse, WI
- Managed a prominent Yoga Six studio in San Diego for 2+ years as the company grew from a start-up to a national brand
- Completed Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) course at the University of Minnesota
- Completed ‘Coaching & Mentoring’ as part of the Mindful Executive Program at UC San Diego
A recent transplant from the East Coast, Marah is a yoga teacher, personal trainer, competitive strongman, and volunteer firefighter. Marah’s yoga journey began when she very overweight, had no experience with being active, and struggled post-traumatic stress disorder induced anxiety. After realizing the benefit of a consistent yoga practice, Marah dedicated herself as a resource to any member of the community seeking relief from physical and/or mental tension.
More about Marah’s education and experience:
- 200 Hour Yoga Certification from Zen Hot Yoga
- Certified Personal Trainer
- Warriors At Ease 100 Hour Certification
- Para Yoga Nidra Training
Student, teacher, and lover of movement are all roles Hannah synchronizes within her life with yoga. Growing up as an athlete in a health oriented home, the importance of physical activity and nourishing the body has always been instilled in her repertoire (thanks, mom and dad). When team sports stopped, Hannah’s yoga practice began. Until a few years ago, her practice bobbed in and out of life, until she noticed its persistent presence and its ability to nurture her needs wherever she was/is in life. With Hannah’s adventurous spirit in constant pursuit of growth, the mat is a sanctuary to tend to those desires. From this place of discovery she hopes to share yoga with you!
More about Hannah’s education and experience:
- 200 hour Yoga Certification with YogaFit
- Specialty trainings in: Yoga Nidra, yoga for PTSD, yoga for seniors and prenatal yoga
- Bachelor of Science in Community Health and Wellness Coaching
Sara Wooden is a yoga teacher, wellness coach, and mother of two littles. She has been practicing yoga for over 18 years. Sara first came to yoga for stress reduction, breathing techniques, and body awareness. After being involved in a car accident which resulted in a neck injury, she used modified yoga practices as a way to accept her limitations. These helped her to develop a practice focused on strengthening, stretching, healing, and growing. Seeing the power of yoga to heal has inspired Sara to make yoga accessible for individuals of all ability levels.
More about Sara’s education and experience:
- AAAI/ISMA Level I and II Yoga Teacher Certifications
- 230 hour Yoga Teacher Training Certification from Alignment Yoga
- Adapting Yoga for disability level I and II from MindBody Solutions
- Foundations in Craniosacral Therapy
- Additional training and experience in Pilates and Pi YO (Pilates/Yoga fusion)
- Faculty for PALM + PINE 230hr Yoga Study & Teacher Training
- Faculty for Yoga Center of Minneapolis’s YTT offsite in LaCrosse, WI
Constantly learning through action, Lizzie is a yoga teacher and student who is thrilled to be part of the PALM + PINE community. Lizzie’s physical practice has ebbed and flowed over the last five years, but really solidified about 2 years ago after undergoing a personal hardship. Her practice transformed through learning to use breath and mindfulness to strengthen her practice. Yoga has truly been a healing aspect to her life, and she hopes to bring that to this community! When she is not teaching, Lizzie can be found baking, traveling, and studying for her future career as a Nurse Midwife.
More about Lizzie’s education and teaching experience:
- 200 hour Yoga Teacher Certification from Inner Fire Yoga
- Trained in Trauma-Sensitive Yoga, Yoga for Older Adults, and Hands on Assists
- Recipient of the 2017 Yoga Alliance Aspiring Teacher Scholarship
- AAAI certified Fitness and Spin Instructor
More about Kaitlin’s education and experience:
- 200 hour Power Yoga Teacher Certification from CorePower Yoga
- Yoga Sculpt Teacher Certification from CorePower Yoga
- Licensed Massage Therapist since 2008 with special focus in overuse injuries of the upper body, deep tissue, therapeutic, and sports massage
More about Barb’s education and experience:
- 230hr Yoga Teacher Certification from Yoga Center of Minneapolis
- Certified Reiki Master
- Completed Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) course
- B.S. in Sociology & Psychology
Beth is a wife of an amazing husband, a mother to 3 fabulous girls, a lifetime student of numerous interests, a really good friend to all. She came to her mat for the physical aspect and from her very first class was intrigued by the power of the breath. After practicing yoga for about 10 years, the inspiration to take her practice further called, stars aligned and she was off to the East Coast for an intensive 2 week 200 hour YTT. This past January, Beth completed her 500 YTT. Remember that lifetime student thing… that is eternal. With love and support of her family Beth continues to experience and study holistic wellness methodologies. You can also find Beth in the kitchen, she love to cook! She loves being with her family, traveling and hanging out with friends. She is currently studying the healing power of crystals and meditation/mindfulness practices.
More about Beth’s education and experience:
- 500 YTT Wild Abundant Life/Debbie Williamson
- Certified in the following: Yoga Life Coach, Senior Yoga, Restorative and Yin Yoga, Sound Healing and Private Yoga
Michelle came to yoga in the late 90’s. The peace, inner joy, and self-acceptance she found through her practice urged her to support others find their paths. She delights in bringing yoga to new audiences while helping others continue their journey. A practice that quiets inner dialog, along with meditative elements, are key to her teaching. Her private life blossoms with family, fur babies, and nature. Michelle’s hands are often in the earth or in a good book.
More about Michelle’s education and experience:
- NETA Certified Yoga Instructor
- 230 hour Yoga Teacher Certification from Yoga Center of Minneapolis
Bryan first found yoga and meditation through his martial arts practice (Shito Ryu Karate, Choy li Fut Kung Fu, MMA, Kick Boxing and BJJ) over a decade ago. Pushing his body to the limits through his training was taking its toll physically so on a friend’s recommendation, Bryan found himself in a yoga class. That first class had such a profound effect on him that it drove him to continue exploring the depths of his physical, mental and spiritual practice for over a decade now. His journey has led him to practice and explore many different styles of yoga across five different continents. Having a passion for acquiring knowledge and studying the ancient yogic scriptures, Bryan loves to integrate these teachings into his asana classes and expose students to this wisdom passed down through the ages. Bryan is a dedicated practitioner of Raja and Hatha Yoga, Pranayama, Zen mediation, Qi Gong and the Wim Hof Method and brings a unique flavor of all the practices he embodies to the classes he teaches. He is also rumored to have fought a grizzly bear but we have yet to confirm this….
More about Bryan’s education and experience:
- 230 hour Yoga Teacher Certification from PALM + PINE
- Wim Hof Fundamentals Training
- Black Belt in Shito Ryu Karate
Christina is a lifelong student and teacher of yoga. She came to yoga as a former dancer who enjoyed the physical practice but gained so much more as the practice nourished her mind, body, and spirit. It has transformed the way she relates to herself and the world. Off the mat, you can find her covered in glitter and shaving cream in her other passion as a pediatric occupational therapist. She loves exploring the outdoors, traveling, and meeting new people. She cannot wait to continue to grow alongside yogis of all ages and abilities in this community!
- 230 hour Yoga Teacher Certification from PALM + PINE
- Master of Science in Occupational Therapy from UW-Madison
April found yoga through an early adulthood struggle with chronic pain and mental health. The relief she found through the practice of yoga paired with somatics completely turned around her outlook on life and the debunked the myth that “pain is just a part of growing older.” She hopes to pass along her learnings and spread an appreciation for the power of mentally releasing held tension.
More about April’s education and experience:
- 200 hr SomaYoga certified through Yoga North
- Level 1 Reiki practitioner
- Taught One-on-one sessions at the Minneapolis Yoga Conference 2019
- Bachelor of Science, Exercise and Sport Science, Iowa State University
- Master of Physical Therapy, University of Iowa
- Doctor of Physical Therapy, Washington University in St. Louis
- Board Certified Orthopedic Clinical Specialist, APTA
- RYT – 200, PALM + PINE
- Certified in Functional Dry Needling, Kinetacore
Always a soul-searcher, Amy ultimately found her true love for yoga by way of meditation. She had practiced yoga on the mat intermittently for years, but it was when the spiritual side of the ancient practice was brought into her awareness that she was able to strengthen and deepen her physical practice. Amy believes the divine combination of physical and spiritual yoga practices allow her to operate at her fullest potential in life – and now she has the incredible opportunity to share this with others! She finds great joy on her mat and loves to find her edge and stay there – as this is where growth happens. Amy is a student of life and her dharma is to share the timeless wisdom that her awareness has been afforded. She is a mother, daughter, sister, wife, wellness coach, and college student. When she is not meditating, momming, yoking, coaching, or studying – well, she should probably be sleeping – but you might very well find her kayaking on the waters or hiking the bluffs of the coulee region, enjoying the bounties that Mother Nature has to offer. Amy aspires to inspire until she expires!
More about Amy’s education and experience:
- 230 Hour Yoga Certification from PALM + PINE Yoga Studio & School
- Certified Health Coach
- Certified Reiki Practitioner
- Specialized training in meditation, consciousness, and human potential
Lindsay is a wife and mama to 3 kiddos, a yellow lab, an adopted farm cat, 8 chickens and 3 guinea fowl. She loves sports, the Packers, being outside (especially in the sun on a beach if at all possible), art, and of course, yoga! Lindsay is a busy yogi who learned through her yoga practice and teacher training that self care is a critical element to a healthy life and complete yoga practice. She started doing yoga over 15 years ago simply because it was so intriguing to her. As she evolved into an elementary teacher, wife, and mom, her practice evolved as well. She finally deepened her yoga roots last year by signing up for yoga teacher training. Although it resembled something of a juggling act at times, doing her training was just another example of the incredible things that can transpire when one makes self care a priority and follows a great passion.
More about Lindsay’s education and experience:
- 230 hour Yoga Teacher Certification from Yoga Center of Minneapolis
- Licensed elementary teacher
Tom is a retired Psychotherapist and Hypnotherapist. He has over 40 years of experience in clinical psychotherapy and has been a practicing Zen Buddhist for nearly 50 years. Over the past 20 years Tom has routinely utilized Tibetan Singing Bowls, chimes and Symphonic Gongs in both his clinical Psychotherapy practice as well as the retreats he leads.
A bit more about Tom’s education and experience:
- In 1992 he received lay Buddhist vows from Thich Nhat Hanh
- Author of The Mindfulness Workbook: A Beginners Guide to Overcoming Fear and Embracing Compassion (New Harbinger Press, 2009).
- Over the past 35 years, Thomas has become a leader in the fields of mind-body healing, clinical hypnotherapy, and mindfulness
- Continues to present retreats locally as well as throughout the United States
Yoga, Meditation, Self-Care & More!
Whether it’s integrating a more holistic approach to your health or breaking down proper alignment for basic yoga poses, we’re here to support you. Our team is compromised of humans who have a wealth of education and experience, and are here to empower YOU to live your fullest life! Sustainable change takes information, inspiration and determination. So let’s get started!