Kat is a yoga student who teaches, and loves avocados, the outdoors, and live music. In her late teens she discovered she had an autoimmune disease which sparked a life-long curiosity about health and healing from the inside out. She’s originally a Minnesota girl whose lived in different cities in the Midwest and Southern California.
A bit more about Kat’s relevant education and 1000+ hours of instructing experience:
- Facilitator/Faculty for 230hr Yoga Teacher Training through the Yoga Center of Minneapolis
- Managed a prominent Yoga Six studio in San Diego for 2+ years as the company grew from a start-up to a national brand
- Completed 200 hr in 2011 & Level 2 Teacher Training in 2012 at CorePower Yoga
- Certified ACE Health Coach
- Completed Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) course at the University of Minnesota
- Completed ‘Coaching & Mentoring’ as part of the Mindful Executive Program at UC San Diego
A recent transplant from the East Coast, Marah is a yoga teacher, personal trainer, college student and full time dog mom – a position she takes quite seriously so don’t be surprised if you see dog hair on her mat! Marah’s yoga journey began when she very overweight, had no experience with being active, and struggled with severe anxiety. After her first class, she went every day for a year. After a year of devoted practice, Marah knew she wanted to learn how to instruct knowing there were other people like her who could suffer less if they found their way to their mats.
A bit more about Marah’s relevant education and experience:
- Completed 200 hour yoga certification in 2014 at Zen Yoga
- Certified Personal Trainer
- Currently completing a Bachelors in Communications & Sports Management
Kate is an adventure seeker who is passionate about seeing others reach their full potential. Whether on the mat, or in a therapeutic setting, Kate loves helping cultivate growth and inner peace through mindfulness, meditation, breath and movement. Kate’s yoga journey began when she was experiencing some major health issues. Determined to get off medication, Kate started eating healthier and participating in hot yoga. She noticed improvements in her health almost immediately. After experiencing such amazing results, she knew she wanted to share this gift with others. When Kate is not on her mat, you will find her climbing rocks, kayaking, biking, or chilling with her puggle ‘Zeppelin.’
A bit more about Kate’s relevant education and experience:
- Completed 200 hour yoga certification in 2016 at Lotus Power Yoga in Fond Du Lac, WI
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
- Training in Mindfulness and yoga for PTSD and other mental health diagnoses
- Facilitated trauma-based group yoga therapy for sexual abuse survivors
Kristy is a mama, wife, Program Director at GROW La Crosse, and is a forever student in yoga, mindfulness and this crazy, awesome universe in which we live. Yoga found her in 2009 when she was conned into taking her first class, and it was love at first asana. Kristy noticed that not only was her body becoming stronger, her mind was calmer. She was kinder to herself and to others and, as a whole, relationships were becoming better. Yoga finds a way to work on all parts; mind, body and spirit. You take what works for you and leave the rest.
A bit more about Kristy’s relevant education and experience:
- Completed 200 hour yoga certification in 2012 at Empower Yoga in Appleton, WI
Certified Reiki Practitioner
- Completed Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) course
Student, teacher, and lover of movement are all roles Hannah synchronizes within her life with yoga. Growing up as an athlete in a health oriented home, the importance of physical activity and nourishing the body has always been instilled in her repertoire (thanks, mom and dad). When team sports stopped, Hannah’s yoga practice began. Until a few years ago, her practice bobbed in and out of life, until she noticed its persistent presence and its ability to nurture her needs wherever she was/is in life. With Hannah’s adventurous spirit in constant pursuit of growth, the mat is a sanctuary to tend to those desires. From this place of discovery she hopes to share yoga with you!
A bit more about Hannah’s relevant education and experience:
- Completed 200 hour yoga certification in 2017 with YogaFit
- Specialty trainings in: Yoga Nidra, yoga for PTSD, yoga for seniors and prenatal yoga
- Bachelor of Science in Community Health and Wellness Coaching
Sara Wooden is a yoga teacher, wellness coach, and mother of two littles. She has been practicing yoga for over 18 years. Sara first came to yoga for stress reduction, breathing techniques, and body awareness. After being involved in a car accident which resulted in a neck injury, she used modified yoga practices as a way to accept her limitations. These helped her to develop a practice focused on strengthening, stretching, healing, and growing. Seeing the power of yoga to heal has inspired Sara to make yoga accessible for individuals of all ability levels.
A bit more about Sara’s relevant education and teaching experience over the past 11 years:
- Taught Hatha, Alignment, Vinyasa, Power Yoga, PiYo, Adaptive Yoga, Chair Yoga, Prenatal and Postnatal, Mommy and Me Yoga, Pranayama and Meditation
- AAAI/ISMA Level I and II Yoga Teacher Certifications
- 230 hour Yoga Teacher Training Certification from Alignment Yoga of Madison, WI
- Adapting Yoga for disability level I and II from MindBody Solutions in Minnetonka, MN
- Foundations in Craniosacral Therapy with Dr. Kathy Holway in Madison, WI
- Additional training and experience in Pilates and Pi YO (Pilates/Yoga fusion)
- Served as faculty for a 230 hr Yoga Teacher Training through Yoga Center of Minneapolis
Michelle came to yoga in the late 90’s. The peace, inner joy, and self-acceptance she found through her practice urged her to support others find their paths. She delights in bringing yoga to new audiences while helping others continue their journey. A practice that quiets inner dialog, along with meditative elements, are key to her teaching. Her private life blossoms with family, fur babies, and nature. Michelle’s hands are often in the earth or in a good book.
A bit more about Michelle’s relevant education and experience:
- NETA Certified Yoga Instructor
- Completed 230 hour yoga certification in 2017 through The Yoga Center of Minneapolis
Lindsay is a wife and mama to 3 kiddos, a yellow lab, an adopted farm cat, 8 chickens and 3 guinea fowl. She loves sports, the Packers, being outside (especially in the sun on a beach if at all possible), art, and of course, yoga! Lindsay is a busy yogi who learned through her yoga practice and teacher training that self care is a critical element to a healthy life and complete yoga practice. She started doing yoga over 15 years ago simply because it was so intriguing to her. As she evolved into an elementary teacher, wife, and mom, her practice evolved as well. She finally deepened her yoga roots last year by signing up for yoga teacher training. Although it resembled something of a juggling act at times, doing her training was just another example of the incredible things that can transpire when one makes self care a priority and follows a great passion.
A bit more about Lindsay’s relevant education and experience:
- Completed 230 hour yoga certification in 2017 through The Yoga Center of Minneapolis
Two mantras that guide Beth are “Do what you love, enjoy the journey” + “ Come back to breath.” Originally an Iowa girl who has become a world traveler, having lived all over the US as well Mexico and South America, Beth is a mama to three beautiful girls and student of yoga as a way of life. Ten years ago Beth joined a friend for a yoga class. Upon entering the cozy comforting room, she was intrigued. Ninety minutes later, she was hooked! Four years ago she joined an amazing group for a 40 day revolution to transformation. As her personal practice took on new life, Beth has embraced all areas of yoga, on and off the mat, all day everyday!
A bit more about Beth’s relevant education and experience:
- Completed 200 hour yoga certification in 2013 at Wild Abundant Life
- Currently completing 500 hour advanced yoga certification
Tracey is a helper by nature and uses her gifts at her job as a psychotherapist and yoga instructor. She has experienced and observed the gifts that yoga and mindfulness bring and feels a desire to share what she has learned. When not indulging in her favorite past time of traveling the globe with her husband, she resides in Minneapolis.
A bit more about Tracey’s education and experience:
- Certified as an Ayurvedic Yoga Specialist through Himalayan Institute
- Completed 200 hour yoga certification at Corepower Yoga in St. Paul, MN
- Specialized training in Yoga Calm- Yoga for kids
- Training in mindfulness and meditation for anxiety and depression
- Completed 500 hour yoga certification at Yoga North International SomaYoga Institute
- Completed training in Level 1 SomaYoga Therapy at Yoga North ISYI
- Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC)