More about the conscious choices available for you:
Yoga and meditation help us become more conscious to our decision-making process and the (inter)connected nature of all things. At PALM + PINE, our aim is to create a more conscious world, one choice at a time. We know we’re a work-in-progress, but we’re doing our best to give you options at the studio that are earth-AND-people-friendly!
- PALM + PINE gear – Reusable totes, water bottles and eco-friendly apparel that is printed locally at OnThreePrinting
- JadeYoga mats – voted #1 yoga mat by Sports Illustrated, the only mats to be made with all natural products AND Jade plants a 🌲 for every mat sold (not to mention the grip is real good!)
- Beyond Yoga pants – ethically sourced, made in LA and all about body positivity (not to mention so freaking soft!)
- Teeki pants – made out of recycled plastic bottles and made in the USA (we also dig their wild prints and high waists!)
- Boxed Water – is better because better packaging = a better planet AND better purification process = a healthier you!
- RX Bars – simple, real ingredients and pretty dang tasty!
To shift our habits, it may require being a free spirit to do what is right vs. the ‘norm’, investing more upfront for a few quality (reusable) items, delaying gratification for sustainability and keeping the conversation alive! Looking for more resources to live sustainably? Visit our friends at Full Circle Supply.
More about COMMUNITY HOUR:
The practice of yoga is a journey of union. COMMUNITY HOUR is a monthly gathering intended to expand awareness of the work (#consciouschoices) that needs to be done for the wellbeing of ourselves, our community, the planet – in order to flourish and return to that union. Each month will be unique but the framework will be the same:
+ 35ish minutes dedicated to activating the high vibes we need to create change (ex: yoga, meditation, dance party, etc.)!
+ 35ish minutes dedicated to information + inspiration on a specific topic (social, humanitarian, economic or environmental) that impacts the wellbeing of our community.
+ Stay for snacks and socializing
+ $10 with a portion of proceeds going to a relevant, local organization
During this experience, you may be encouraged to venture into discomfort, curiosity, vulnerability, empathy and a more conscious way of being.
So far we’ve dived into these topics and supported these local efforts:
2.18 Reproductive well-being and proceeds went to Essential Health Clinic
3.18 Mental health and proceeds went to the Mental Health Coalition
4.18 Sustainability and proceeds went to Hillview Urban Agriculture Center
Got a relevant topic you want to see covered at a future COMMUNITY HOUR? Let us know with a DM or emailing email@example.com