This experience is intended for those feeling called to teach yoga and those simply seeking to deepen their own personal practice. Combining the wisdom in ancient yogic teachings with a modern understanding of anatomy and physiology, this training explores yoga as a framework for personalized health in the most holistic sense – how to use one’s own mind, body and soul to awaken to your best Self!
You will learn to truly share the teachings of yoga; rather than recite sequences, learn to observe bodies, deliver skillful instruction and create an inclusive environment for discovery. Perhaps, more importantly, you will transform in the process through self-study, tuning into your intuitive wisdom and cultivating tools for bringing your yoga practice to life off the mat!
Our 230hr Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga Study & Teacher Training includes:
- Personal development and growth
- Yoga history, philosophy and lifestyle
- Asanas with an emphasis on alignment, accessibility and benefits
- Meditation and pranayama; the science, benefits and practices
- Anatomy, physiology and the subtle energetic body
- Healthy movement patterns and remedies for modern postural dysfunction
- Construction of effective personalized practices
- Sequencing for Vinyasa yoga
- Art of Assisting; demonstration, verbal cueing and touch
- Language that empowers YOU, your life and your students
- Introduction to Ayurveda, mantras, mudras, Restorative Yoga and Yoga Nidra
- Inclusion and support of various populations with chair yoga, adaptive yoga, trauma-informed yoga, pre and postnatal yoga
- Business, marketing and qualities of a yogic leader
TUITION includes seven months of a PALM + PINE Unlimited Membership ($553 value), along with the benefits, to support your practice
Early Bird: $2799 paid in full by 7/31/19
Regular Price: $2999 if paid in full by the start date of the program
Payment Plan Price: $500 non-refundable deposit plus $450 due monthly for 6 months
Work-Study Discounts: We are in need of 1-2 TAs. If you have admin, tech and/or organizational skills, you may apply for a discount ($250-500 off tuition) in exchange for TA responsibilities.
The program is a Registered School with Yoga Alliance and licensed by the state of Wisconsin Education Approval Board. Upon completion of the program students will receive a Certificate of Completion and can apply for registration with Yoga Alliance as a Registered Yoga Teacher at the 200-hour level (RYT 200).
Kat Soper, Lead Trainer, E-RYT® 200, RYT-500, YACEP®, Founder of PALM + PINE
Jill O’Brien, Doctor of Physical Therapy, MPT, OCS, RYT-200
Tom Roberts, Author of The Mindfulness Workbook, 40+ years in clinical psychotherapy
Sara Wooden, E-RYT® 200, Adapting Yoga for disability level I & II from MindBody Solutions
Tanya Boigenzahn, E-RYT 500, RTT, AYS, CHTP, YACEP, C-IAYT & Reiki Master, Certified ParaYoga® Level III Teacher & Four Desires Trainer, Owner/Director of Devanadi Yoga & Thai Yoga Bodywork
SIGN-UP FOR A FREE YTT INFORMATION SESSION!
Saturday, July 20th 11 – 11:45am
“I completed a 230hr Yoga Teacher Training with Kat in October of 2017 and the experience was nothing short of life changing. Kat’s patience, humility and humor creates a safe space for students to explore themselves as well as their yoga practice. My training with Kat, Sara and Jill gave me the confidence to teach yoga as well confidence in myself and my ability to be a calm, positive person in every aspect of my life.” – Michelle
“Going into the anatomy portion of training, I was excited to learn something new, but also intimidated by my lack of knowledge and the vastness of the topic. Jill’s positive and upbeat energy on day one made me forget about any insecurities I had. She presented a lot of detailed material in a very approachable and understandable way.” – Barb
“After the completion of my 230-hour training, I can honestly say that it was hands-down, one of the best decisions I’ve made in my life. It opened up doors for personal growth and inquiry that I wouldn’t have been introduced to otherwise.” – Dani
“My PALM + PINE YTT experience was absolutely incredible! The instructors cultivate a welcoming environment for yogis at all levels to learn about the physical, spiritual, and ethical aspects of a yoga practice. They prepared us to teach individuals and groups with all backgrounds and abilities, which was really important to me. I especially appreciated the inclusion of the karma project which involves teaching a 4-series yoga class to an underserved population in the community. It was amazing to hear everyone’s success stories of adapting yoga with different groups! It was so clear throughout the program that Kat thoughtfully and intentionally crafted this training to support our growth as students and teachers of yoga. The past six months has transformed the way I see my yoga practice, as well as the way I see myself and the world!” – Christina
“PALM + PINE’s YTT was the perfect catalyst on my journey of personal growth and self-discovery! This dynamic training gave me the tools I needed to become a next-level yoga teacher! Whether you aspire to teach yoga, or you’re on a quest for self knowledge (or both, like me) – I highly recommend investing in this 230hr YTT. Kat and her extraordinary training team have set me up with a sturdy, well-rounded foundation that I am now able to use as a springboard for success.” – Amy
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- What if I can’t make all the dates on the schedule?
- All good. Our program exceeds the amount of contact hours required for the Yoga Alliance 200hr Yoga Certification. So there is some wiggle room 🙂
- What are the additional costs?
- Participants will need to complete 8 hours of elective credits that are not included in the tuition nor in the calendar of YTT dates. Elective credits are any approved workshop taught by a YTT faculty member or another approved teacher or training. Trainees will receive a list of options for elective hours prior to the start of YTT.
- The required books if you don’t already have them (recommended to purchase used or most of the books are also available for purchase at PALM + PINE)
- What are the required books?
- The Bhagavad Gita by Eknath Easwaran
- Living Your Yoga by Judith Lasater
- The Heart of Yoga by T.K.V Desikachar
- Yoga Anatomy by Leslie Kaminoff
- Untethered Soul by Michael Singer
- Yamas & Niyamas by Deborah Adele
- What if I don’t necessarily plan on teaching?
- Not a problem. This is an experience for learning more about yoga and your self ! Plus the best yoga ‘teachers’ are ones who embody the essence of the teachings, on and off the mat!
During this training you will:
- Learn the history of Reiki and how it has changed over time and lineage
- Learn how to use Reiki as a healing and personal growth system
- Learn how to perform Reiki healing sessions on yourself and others
- Explore multiple methods for performing Reiki from a distance
- Receive workbook manual and additional resources
- Receive your Level I and Level II Usui System Reiki symbols and attunements
- Receive official Certificates of Completion for both courses
**Limited to 8 students! If you’re interested be sure to click on ‘register’ on the top navigation bar and sign-up TODAY!**
October 5th from 11 – 5PM
October 6th from 11 – 4:30PM